Monday 27 July 2015

Guest Designer Cindy Porter -Stylish Storage

Hi everyone, I am thrilled to be here with you today.

I have a 12x12" pizza box that I decorated to share with you all, showcasing the Pebeo Studio Acrylics colour paints and the Catalyst wedges...

I began by applying some modelling paste through a stencil... a little difficult to see, but I just wanted to create a base texture...


I then used the Catalyst Contour C-81 with some Oriental Violet, Primary Cyan, Verdnese Green, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Studio Acrylics...


I swiped the wedge down the box, and repeated the process until it was all coloured...


Once this had dried, I applied some more modelling paste using the Catalyst Wedge W-02 to create some fabulous texture over the box.... 


 I was particularly careful to ensure not to apply the modelling paste to the stencilled area...


Once dry I sponged on some more of the Primary Cyan and the Verdnese Green onto the edges and the corners of the box...


 Next I used some of the Schmincke Tro-Col-Bronze Dry Gouache in Rich Gold.... As the name suggest this is a dry product, it is a powder... I mixed it with a little water and magic!! so lovely and rich...

     
I painted over the stencilled area... 


 doesn't it look fabulous....


 I also added a little to the corners and edges as well...


 I love it... love working with it... so easy to use and so effective...

the finished box... 


 Now storing some of my current work in style...

Thanks for joining me here today,
happy creating,
xC

4 comments: