Monday 20 July 2015

Guest Designer Anita Bownds 'Watercolour Cards'

Hi everyone,
Anita with you again today!
 I am sharing a card I made using watercolour paints. 
Super simple and easy to draw your own image and paint it.



I started by die cutting some watercolour paper.


I sketched out some flowers with a pencil. 


I mixed Carmine and Prussian Blue to get this dark pink for the flowers in the middle,
and the for little blue flowers- Ultramarine and Black.


Using the size 3 brush I painted the flowers in the middle first.


Then the little blue flowers.


Then using permanent green I painted the flower stems and outlined leaves by
adding a little more water to the green to lighten the shade.


Now back to the flowers in the middle using brush 5/0
Add a little more texture in the middle of the flowers 


Then using more of the permanent green I coloured the leaves.


Then back to the middle to add the middle of the flowers with black using brush 5/0. 


Next adding texture to the leaves with permanent green and brush 5/0.


And then outlining the flowers in the middle with more pink.


Then your done!


products used

9999815  200 Watercolour Pad, 15 sheets, A4
Canson® Colorline® white 300gsm












No comments:

Post a Comment