Friday 14 August 2015

Mepxy Max 13th Edition

MEPXY MAX 13TH EDITION

Super Quick BUNBUN

BY Ash Chain
Created with Canson Drawing 220 paper and Mepxy Brush Markers



Hi ALL! So today is a super quick and easy tutorial using Mepxy brush markers! Enjoy.


First you want to do your line work which I do with any art liner I can find. I generally use 0.8 and 0.2 I don't have a favourite brand for these at all I just have a favourite width.


For the eyes I use one dark grey (NG09) and a light grey (TG04) I used the darkest first than the lighter colour to overlap the darker grey so I can diffuse the line.


Next I wanted this rabbit to have some spots so to do these I used a medium and light grey of the same range. So I used Neutral Grey 04 and 02. I use NG04 first to create the spots then go over the entire spot with the light grey to diffuse the line of NG04 and to "calm" it down a little as I found NG04 to be a tad too dark for what I was looking for.




Now I want my Bunbun to be light grey all over. For this I use a warm grey (WG01) and go over the whole rabbit apart from it's eye, I do this so the greys of the spots and the grey of the rabbit can compliment each other. Next I want shadow to its features. So I use a toner grey (TG03) to go around the edges of his face, ear and mouth. I found this to be a touch too harsh so I went over the whole rabbit again (apart from the eye) with another Toner grey (TG01) to tie in everything.



Next is the border. I use R29 to create a half moon in the pearls. This will help give them a spherical shape. Next I use a light red (R35) and shade in the bottom half of the pearl followed by a lighter red tone (R32) to shade the top little circle.



Next is a pink shade (R00) for the ear and nose and a touch in the eyes.


Then to shade in the background I use C13 to shade the areas closest area to the rabbit then go over the rest of the are with C35 so C13 doesn't seem as sharp.


Finally I use a white art liner and put highlights in the pearls to give them a shine. I also add them in the eyes and on the nose. There you have it folks. The was super easy and super quick. In total it took me about 8 minutes to colour this little piece. I hope this helps.

Colours Used: NG09, TG04, NG02, NG04, WG01, TG03, TG01, R29, R35, R32, R00, C13, C35

No comments:

Post a Comment