Wednesday 26 August 2015

Cute little inspiration notebook

Here is a cute little project that you can do with your kids or as a gift.


My son loves little notebooks to draw in, (just like his mum) I came accross these cute little ones in Spotlight that you can put your own paper into. This is a great idea for me as i love to sketch on speciality drawing paper as well as bits of watercolour colour paper that I can reuse that I have lying around.

My son on the other hand goes through sketchbooks very quickly as he likes to sketch then gets frustrated and wants to start a new one, so i thought this would be a great way he can keep some good works together and also we can add in  some of the Canson coloured papers inbetween to keep life interesting.

I have found this really cute design of a bird in an adult colouring book that i just loved, i wanted to draw something on the front that really inspired me and these brown natural carboard looks lovely with a white gel pen but you could use black or pencils or anything else you wanted that shows up.


So i just started marking out my design in pencil, and then started going around it with my white gel pen.

As i continued on i just played around with the patterns and added a quote at the bottom.

Cover it with a quick coat of gloss medium to seal and insert some nice papers inbetween the brown papers thats included and thats it. 

I will be getting my son to decorate his, but ofcourse wasn't able to at the time of this post but  add to the end of this when we are done.






No comments:

Post a Comment