Saturday 20 June 2015

Guest Designer- Marta Tesoro

Meet Marta.....



I'm a freelance/contract illustrator and animator and have been in the industry for 11 years. I've worked in Childrens TV animated shows ("The Day my Butt went Psycho" was the last one I worked on) I recently did the character animation for a bank commercial. I am currently working on a couple of illustration contracts from home, after recent back to back studio work. I either work from home or different studios all over Melbourne. I have a boyfriend, live in the city area but may be moving to the country before the year is out, we shall see how things go. I've been creative ever since I was a kid and when I got older, I went and did Visual Arts at Monash University (majoring in painting) and got my Master of Animation and Interactive Media at RMIT. I have a daily blog : www.rabbittownanimator.com and I post pretty much everyday. My main weapons of choice (traditionally) are markers, fineliners, inks, brush pens, water colours and acrylics. Lately, I've been doing more ink and marker pieces. Check out the blog! I've been drawing cats lately.


So here is my Project today.  Using Mepxy Markers!

The materials and the suject matter.
Light colour first.  I used a "pale yellow".

Afterwards, I started doing some shades with a "lemon yellow".
A darker yellow with the "citrus" mepxy for the shadow.

For the spots, I used a "natural" coloured mepxy. 

A "light chocolate" colour was put on the top of the "natural" colour.
I finished defining the texture with a "chocolate" colour.

I finished off with some extra shading using the "natural" coloured mepxy.
Then tada!  Bananas!


A couple of nights ago, I wanted to just draw something for myself and something that I find relaxing.  For me, drawing still life is fun and relaxing so I drew these bananas.  It was good fun and I enjoy drawing organic things.  It got very positive feedback on facebook.  Maybe I should draw fruit more often!

Marta :-)

2 comments: