Look what can be done with a $1.00 wine glass and some Pebeo Glass Paints!
Here is what you will need:
- Wine glasses of your choice, I bought a pack of 4 for $4.00 from a discount store!
- Rubbing alcohol such as ISOCOL antiseptic (available from the medicine sections in supermarkets) and cotton wool or paper towel to remove any residue and dirt from glasses
- I also used hand sanitiser gel to make sure my hands were clean and I didn't leave sticky fingerprints
- Lint free cloth to remove any lint
- Pebeo Vitrea 160 Thinner (also called Diluent)
- Pebeo Vitrea 160 Glass paint in your choice of colour ( I used Turquoise and Oriental Green in the Glossy)
- Pebeo Vitrea 160 Transparent Outliner (I used Pearl)
- A Plastic bowl with a flat bottom to work over and catch drips
- A soft paintbrush (I like Princeton Brushes)
|Once you have cleaned your glass and hands, use the "Outliner" to create simple shapes on your glass and allow to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.|
Once completed I let the glasses completely dry for about 24 hours. To make the colours dishwasher safe, bake in a kitchen oven at 160 degrees C (325 degrees F) for 40 minutes. Place your glasses in the oven when it is cold, and remove when cold.