Friday 2 January 2015

Meet Peta Thompson

Peta Thompson (aka missladypetal)




I am a mixed media artist currently residing in sunny Qld. I have been creative all my life and here is a brief biography of my creative journey.

I fell into scrapbooking before it became popular, about 16 years ago. Over the years, I have been published, designed papers, and taught classes. I also created with fabric and became a quilter. I love the texture of fabric and the Naïve style of quilting. When my scrapbook layouts became so intrincate,
I lost sight of the photo, I became aware there was something missing and looked for another way to be creative.

I started at a point where I kind of had a background. My Dad was an acclaimed watercolour artist on the mid north coast of NSW in the 1980's. Watercolours. As soon as I started, I realised watercolours were verydifficult! However I persisted and today I just love to paint. I fell into mixed media painting when I was doing a watercolour canvas and suddenly had the desire to add pastels and crackle paint! I didn’t realise this was mixed media but now I will never look back. I am very varied in my artistic tastes, and enjoy a wide variety of art mediums.

Art journaling is a natural extension of all these interests and I love that there are no rules except colour and composition when creating any piece of art. I am an avid recycler for things for creating art and don’t believe in wasting anything! I’ll be happy to not need a bin in my studio one day!

I am a partner and design team member for Journaling Krazy Island Style. A weekly art journalling course with a video tutorial for an art journal page with a prompt. These tutorials are based on beginner, intermediate and advanced levels to cater for all the learning levels of our students. This is a paid subscription course.

I also teach art journalling to private students and have run large classess for things like a gratitude canvas workshop, mixed media canvases and art journalling pages.

I was the creative director of the Jewels conference in 2014 and had full creative control of a large auditorium and 4 smaller conference and receiving rooms. My paintings have been exhibited in various art shows in Qld.

I take commissions and my work is currently all over the world!
I'm also a mum to two teenage boys and adoring wife to my gorgeous husband. I love life and blessing people through my art.

I'm excited to be a part of this very talented team and look forward to teaching you all some great techniques and projects.

Here are some of my latest works:








1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your art and these products.

    ReplyDelete