Saturday 10 January 2015

Meet Belinda Lindhardt

Hi, I am Belinda Lindhardt from the Central Coast NSW. I am a Sydney girl born and breed but moved up here about 9 years ago. I am a mum to two VERY enthusiastic boys 11 & 9 who whilst can be very exhausting are also my shining light. 


Like most in this industry, I have always been very arty and crafty. I am a carpenter’s daughter and my mother sewed and knitted, so I love working with my hands or creating some type of project usually something new that I have never created before.   I have a love for getting in there and experimenting with new materials or ways of working to see what comes out. I don’t believe that there is only one way of working and in recent times have learnt to trust the creative process and believe in the journey not just the outcome of the final piece. 

Trained as a graphic designer and working as a web designer for the past 20years I have also been actively pursuing my passion for illustration and art specifically working with coloured pencils which I just adore. 



For the past 11 years, I have been working with pencils and creating realistic coloured pencil artworks and contemporary artworks.  I really enjoy both disciplines for different reasons and will often have a few artworks on the go at once so that I can switch from detailed work back to the fluid process that comes along with my paintings.
I still feel like I am finding my feet in the art world but for the past 5 years, I have been teaching my coloured pencil techniques and more recently Mixed Media and kids art classes which I really really enjoy.


I also love to journal it’s a relatively new expression for my only the past 4 years or so, but the more I do it the more I love it. I love to bring together the experiences in my other art into the journal format, as well as the personal experience and often therapy that having a journal can bring.
A big part of my art learning has been online, so I love to share my processes through my blog and many other online avenues, I love to hear the stories and the inspiration that others have gained through my sharing. I hope to share with you part of my journey and love to hear about yours. - Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment