Friday 16 January 2015

Meet Naomi Cox......

Meet Naomi Cox.




Hey you

I am so excited to be a part of the Crafty crusaders and can not believe I am amongst such an amazing clan of creative types considering I am a stay at home mum to three of my greatest masterpieces in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

For as long as I can remember I have painted and drawn and created my own little characters and adventures and journaled day to day life in a format that resembled what I now know as Scrapbooking. As a self taught artist I dabble and learn through experiments and accidents and love to share my successes and my failures on the art front...I believe it is all part of the process, and each time you will learn a little bit more about yourself in the process.

I don't have a favourite medium or style I love it all.... You think I am kidding but seriously I am not  As a 'Jill of all trades and master of none' I have a whole studio filled with loved tools and half finished projects...I paint in watercolours, oils and acrylics. I draw in pencil, biro and ink. I make cards, scrapbook and do mixed media. I can make jewellery, bead and sew knit and am learning to crochet....I am pretty sure if there is a hobby out there I have given it a red hot crack

So here is a little glimpse of what I do when I am not being a mum.....

Twisted fairytales Collection
Acrylic/mixed media on Canson Art board


Growing wings
prismacolour / acrylic on watercolour paper


Candy skull
Mixed media on Canson Art board


Art journal pages
Mixed media






Scrapbooking





Original illustrations of 
Mimi and Cordstar






I believe in essence I am a 'Craftivist' - I love everything about the process of creating and I hope you enjoy the ride with me... 

Cheers Nx



No comments:

Post a Comment