I love having cute decorative items around my office to brighten things up and a painted terra cotta pot is a great idea for holding pens and office supplies.
To complete this project you will need:
- A small terracotta pot
- Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Filler Undercoat
- Pebeo Porcelaine 150 paints in Lapis Blue, Citrine Yellow, Olivine Green, Scarlet Red and Anthracite Black
- Pebeo Porcelaine 150 markers in Amazonite Green and Earth Brown
- Reference photo of Sunflowers (optional - you can choose to paint something from your own imagination)
- A few Brushes, I recommend at least one small round, and one small flat/angled
To start with you will need to give your pot a coat with the Filler Undercoat, you must let this dry for 24 hours before commencing your project.
Once your prepared pot is ready to go, you can use your earth coloured marker to draw on your flower designs.
I then used my Citrine Yellow paint and a small round brush to colour my petals. *Note: You will need to do at least three or four coats to get the desired effect.
|A few coats in, more coats required|
Use your Green Marker to draw in some leaves. The Lapis Blue Paint is for the background. Remember, it will look patchy at first, but will come up beautiful after three or four coats.
Here is the semi-finished product. I found the leaves weren't standing out enough against the Blue background so I went over them a bit with a mix of Olivine green and Yellow to lighten then up. I also used a mix of Black and Scarlet Red paints to make a brown to paint the centre of the flower.
Bake your pot in the oven as per instructions on the packaging to cure the paint. You can then use it in the garden or anywhere in the house to decorate or hold stuff.