Monday 9 March 2015

Mepxy Max 3rd Edition

MEPXY MAX 3RD EDITION

She Elf

BY Ash Chain
Created with A3 Canson Drawing 220 paper and Mepxy Markers





Good evening everyone! Ready for another Mepxy Max session! I certainly am! Today I used the Mepxy brush markers and Canson 220 drawing paper (the usual culprits) . This is a step by step picture tutorial so you can see the whole stage of colouring. I drew a She Elf. I'm a cosplayer and dress as an elf myself so I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. I hope you like it too.


Firstly I use contrasting pencils to do my sketch.


Then once I'm happy with my sketch I trace it onto A3 Canson 220 Drawing paper with standard pens at two different sizes so line are bold and stand out.


Now colour your heart out!


Now when it comes to skin colour I used a scanned line version (I always scan a copy just in case) just as a test run. I suggest you do this as you don't want to make any mistakes on you good copy. It's always good to find your feet when doing skin colour. I't easy enough to colour leaves and acorns but when it comes to skin tones, pump the brakes and take it nice and slow and fine your contours! 


And Taa Daa! A She Elf!
I hope you've enjoyed this tute! Please don't hesitate to ask questions!

Colours I used were:
L03, L21, L24, L25, L99, L67, O27, N01, N03, N05, N13, N18, N27, N50, N51, N53, N59, W49, W37, W31, W25, W11, W00, W04, W13, R20, G99, CG01, CG04, CG06

2 comments:

  1. Great tip on trying out your skin tones on a copy first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fabulous tips in this demo Ash! Looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete